Hey! Look what I did!
Everyone loves a good award. Here are some of the major awards/milestones of my life.
- 3rd Grade – Played Dopey in the school’s rendition of Snow White and the 7 Dwarves, not really an award, but it does sort of set the tone for the rest of my life.
- 5th Grade – Palo Alto City Champions Soccer Team. “The Jedi Knights”
- 6th Grade: Science Fair Champion (My parents didn’t even help)
- 8th Grade: Picked 12th out of 12 for the school basketball team. Season stats were 2 turnovers and 2 points.
- 9th Grade: Grew about 5 inches.
- 10th Grade: Scored 43 out of 117 on a chemistry test. It’s a long way since that 6th grade award.
- 11th Grade: Broke my high school record in the high jump, which still stands 25+ years later
- 12th Grade: Voted track team captain and MVP. Also voted “Most Improved” on soccer team. Third runner up senior class vice president.
- Sophomore year in college - win $6,500 on television game show Press Your Luck. Also selected Mr. May college calendar.
- Senior Year: Finish 3rd place in the USA College Cheerleading championship “Mic Man” contest.
- Named: Most Inspirational athlete on track team. Team captain. Conference champion: High jump. 4 year all conference award.
- Honorable Mention Los Angeles Ad Club – Copywriting
- Silver and Gold Stickers (those were actually considered like trophies) Portfolio Center (Advertising Institute), Atlanta Georgia.
- Show South – Best in Show – Advertising Student
- Communication Arts, One Show, Cannes Advertising awards
- Best 40th birthday party award (awarded created for and by, me)
- “The Forever Dog” Named Among the Top Children’s Books of 2007 by the CCBC (Cooperate Children’s Book Center).